Peter Pham is a Phan of Phish.

Peter Pham is a Phan of Phish.
peter pham is a phan of phish

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

First Playable!!!!!



Hello ya'll, been awhile since my last blog post...Frankly I'm a little tired so today will be another lack luster blog.

Name of the Game is BOSS BATTLEEEEEE. Because both me and the programmer were unfamiliar with GameMaker's capabilities, it's been difficult to implement the type of game we were aiming to make. What both me and Travis were aiming for was an arena style game where the player would fight a boss and a player counterpart before being able to advance a level. Each level would have a large monster and a humanoid character that the player would have to strategically fight against. It's like a cross between Titan Souls (Demon/Dark Souls clone) and Shadow of the Colossus.

Despite being relegated as the artist when I'm a programmer, I look forward to the challenge of making decent enough artwork for our game. I'm not a stranger towards making art for video games, as I have done so many times before for my own personal projects.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8jh79jpa91qgs09/BossBattle.exe?dl=0

My main question for our players is if the game mechanics are good enough to be engaging and difficult. Having played the majority of the prototypes in class, I learned the games that caught my attention for the longest were the games that were the most difficult. I am hoping to implement that same level of challenge into our game, because I feel that is when you can achieve the most fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment